Director of Finance
Location: Venice, CA
Company Background: KinderFarms, The Kinder Farmaceutical Company, is disrupting the $200 Billion+ OTC Drug aisle with real medicine + clean ingredients at prices that are accessible to as many families as possible. Just over two years since launch, our clean medicine and health products like KinderMed, KinderLyte and KinderSprout have been accepted in over 35,000 stores and 250,000 points of distribution including Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid, Kroger, Albertsons and thousands of other retail locations, with our company growing 400% vs. last year.
Job Description: Kinderfarms is seeking a highly analytical, strategic addition to its team to serve as the company's Director of Finance. This person must have 5+ years working in financial planning & analysis for emerging food & beverage brands, including very strong Excel analysis and financial modeling experience. We have a seasoned accounting team in place today, so this role will be focused on better understanding our business, creating and updating projections, performing ad hoc analysis for team members and the board of directors, etc. This is a newly created position and will report directly to the company’s CEO.
- Lead FP&A across Kinderfarms including budgeting, forecasting and monthly reporting
- Work very closely with the functional heads to maintain accurate and up-to-date rolling financial forecasts
- Perform ad hoc analysis including the creation of pro formas for new products, customer profitability, etc.
- Be the "owner" of the numbers within Kinderfarms to ensure consistent and accurate baseline information
- Build relationships with external debt partners for LOCs, equipment financing, and other offerings
- Work closely with the Controller and Assistant Controller to ensure consistency of approach and numbers
- BS/MS degree from a top tier college or university; MBA from a top tier school preferred
- Successful track record of increasing responsibilities in FP&A roles at emerging food & beverage brands
- Strong Excel modeling and analysis skills, PowerPoint presentation skills, and analytical approach to issues
- Very motivated self-starter who will analyze the businesses, identify opportunities and go after them
- Ability to communicate and influence people across all levels of the organization
- Ability to coach, train, develop, and encourage new team members over time
Interested candidates should send an email and resume to email@example.com