Copy of Careers
Vice President of Sales – Kinderfarms
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Company Background: Kinderfarms is on a mission to ensure that children’s health and wellness products finally live up to their name. Our goal is to disrupt the outdated, family health and wellness products market with alternatives that are natural, effective and delicious. Our first product line, Kinderlyte, was inspired by our founders 2am trip to the store for his daughter who was sick with the flu. He found that all of the Pediatric Electrolytes options available were full of artiﬁcial sweeteners, ﬂavors and colors - ingredients like Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium, Yellow #6, Blue #1, Red #40 - that he wouldn’t feed himself, much less his sick child.
Kinderlyte is the first and only natural, Non-GMO Project verified Oral Electrolyte Solution (OES). It is loved by physicians, kids and parents alike for its effective formula, delicious taste and natural ingredients. Kinderfarms is committed to making healthy alternatives accessible to every family, with a goal to replace outdated artificial products that don’t fit with the values of today’s healthy families. We hope you’ll join us in making sure values-driven wellness products are available to every family, and in every store.
Description: We are looking for a star salesperson to lead the sales efforts for this exciting and disruptive new children’s health and wellness company. The Director of Sales will be responsible for designing and executing the strategy to launch and scale our products, and needs to bring a combination of strategic planning experience and a willingness to spend significant time in the trade opening accounts, managing brokers and growing distribution. In particular we are looking for someone with strong knowledge and relationships with brokers and buyers in the Drug, Mass and Grocery channels with experience in children’s wellness or baby food sets.
Primary responsibilities include creating pricing, promotional and channel strategies, calling on customer accounts directly, and building out and managing a network of distributors, brokers and merchandisers. The position requires strong sales skills and interpersonal dexterity to manage brand performance across the country. The position will report to the Chief Executive Officer of the company and will work closely with the executive team and select board members.
- Lead all sales efforts nationally including natural, specialty and conventional. As a disruptive brand, our goal is to move quickly into Conventional Drug and Mass channels
- Develop pricing, trade, and activation strategies for each product line and major retailer.
- Call on retail accounts directly and build out broker networks.
- Create and manage sales and operational processes / systems to support wholesale line.
- Over time, build out an internal sales and merchandising team to support growth.
- Create a culture of success and ongoing business and goal achievement.
- Manage the sales team, operations and resources to deliver profitable growth.
- Manage the use of budgets and sales forecasting tools.
- Manage customer expectations and contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Define sales processes that drive desired sales outcomes and identify improvements.
- Put in place infrastructure and systems to support the success of the sales function.
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting to facilitate production scheduling.
- Compile information and data related to customer and prospect interactions.
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to company leadership.
- Work closely with marketing to establish successful support, channel and partner programs.
- Manage key customer relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities.
- Travel for in-person meetings with customers and partners and to develop relationships.
- Strong sales experience for an emerging wellness brand, ideally one that has distribution in natural, but is lso strong in conventional channels
- Willingness to travel extensively to meet with retailers and support products .
- Existing network of buyers at key retailers.
- Sense of positive urgency in executing everyday responsibilities.
- Deep working knowledge of the wholesale foods and/or beverage industry.
- Fluent knowledge of MS Office applications; ability to create good sales decks & sell sheets.
- Strong organizational, communication and inter-personal skills for a fast-paced brand.
- Strong communication ethic in getting back to customers, suppliers and the internal team.
- Strong understanding of customer activation tools and opportunities.
- Ability to act strategically and tactically in the performance of the job.
- Support the company’s owners with needed information to facilitate decision-making.
- Bachelors of Business Administration in finance, marketing or related field preferred but not required.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Interested candidates should send an email and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org